Independent Nottingham Rugby Supporters Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 26, 2018 10:43 am  #1

Re-signings

Following my post on another topic about a large number of the team being out of contract this season it seems the re-sign has already started which is excellent news.
The club announced this morning that Tom Holmes, Ben Morris and Murray McConnell have all signed two year deals and Danny Qualter has signed a one year extension.
These signings are apparently the first of many to be announced in this coming week.
Looks like good news then!

January 26, 2018 4:57 pm  #2

Re: Re-signings

Great news on all four players but especially Ben Morris. Reassuring also that there are more to come too.

February 4, 2018 2:31 pm  #3

I’ve heard several rumours that Jimmy Stevens may be returning to Leicester Tigers next season....

February 4, 2018 3:49 pm  #4

maire23 wrote:

I’ve heard several rumours that Jimmy Stevens may be returning to Leicester Tigers next season....

What gave it away was the fact Jimmy played today for Tigers v Wasps! 

As far as rumours I too have heard some, big shock is Ben Hooper to retire at the end of the season but maybe not such a shock is Matt Everard off to Wasps as a full-time coach. Also, Tim Cardall off to Wasps (Senior Academy)

Last edited by Felix (February 4, 2018 4:29 pm)

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm  for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."

February 4, 2018 4:45 pm  #5

Has anyone else seen Big Morgan Eames, down at the Bay lately? I've seen him twice now spectating, could he be returning?  I've not heard anything but I like him as a player and would love to see him back at The Bay.

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm  for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."

February 4, 2018 5:05 pm  #6

Felix wrote:

Has anyone else seen Big Morgan Eames, down at the Bay lately? I've seen him twice now spectating, could he be returning?  I've not heard anything but I like him as a player and would love to see him back at The Bay.

He was there at the Army game supporting a pal of his who was playing for the Army according to a photo on his Instagram feed.

Stevens played as a guest for Tigers today but I’ve heard that this was basically a test to see how he got on before making the deal permanent. This is a fairly strong rumour among the Tigers faithful.

Not at all unsurprising about Everard given his lack of appearances. Cardall also turned out for Wasps against Irish last week somewhat randomly  so I’m not entirely surprised on that front either.

Last edited by maire23 (February 4, 2018 5:10 pm)

February 8, 2018 3:34 pm  #7

Joe Cobden, Will Millett and Darryl Veenendaal all re-signed. Cobden and Veenendaal one year extensions and Millett two years.

February 13, 2018 3:57 pm  #8

Hi

First time posting! It will be interesting to see if we can lower the age of the team for the future with the Academy, Links with Uni DRs & others threads into young players its a must if we are to be more successful. I do think the outgoing Captain has been a passenger being disloyal too & Morris i hope will be do better. It would be nice to have a couple of wins starting the Pirates!

JJ

February 14, 2018 4:52 pm  #9

Good to hear on the re-signings!

February 15, 2018 12:51 pm  #10

Great to see so many re-signings.

Hope to see some props and wingers next...

Bleedsgreenandwhite

Board footera