Independent Nottingham Rugby Supporters Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 22, 2018 3:37 pm  #1

Cossy to Wasps.

Since this has happened while we had no forum I thought it merited a thread.

Good luck to Ian at Wasps. It is a shame we couldn't keep him for another season as he seems to have got the boys playing well for him and we have been more consistent than last year.

Well done to Fowkesie for getting the top job. A true Nottingham man. I hope he makes a success of it.

Bleedsgreenandwhite

January 22, 2018 10:05 pm  #2

Re: Cossy to Wasps.

Agreed, he has proven to be a very astute coach and shown what can be done keep a squad together. That will be the challenge to see how many of this squad we can keep for next year. Could be a tough year if not.

January 23, 2018 8:25 am  #3

Best thing to happen imo , ( leaving that is ) give him 1 or 2seasons they'll find him out and send him packing !!!
Fowlkesy should have been given the job in the first place . ( I M O )…

On wards and upwards

January 23, 2018 9:35 am  #4

Pastie wrote:

Best thing to happen imo , ( leaving that is ) give him 1 or 2seasons they'll find him out and send him packing !!!

Onwards and upwards

The irish boys have done very well under Costello, will we see the same starting XV once Fowkesy takes over? that remains to be seen, I suspect not.

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm  for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."

January 23, 2018 11:32 am  #5

It is interesting that Costello has been employed only in a skills role.
Not sure I agreed with Pastie completely. The team is better than last year and have arguably over achieved this season since most people had us down as relegation candidates.
I agree with Beak the test will be following the annual exodus and recruitment over the summer. 

Bleedsgreenandwhite

January 23, 2018 12:39 pm  #6

He was soon out the door.
If Fowkesy is good will he then be off?
Lets hope not being he is a Nottingham man.
Here is to injury free  and moving up that table.

January 23, 2018 12:56 pm  #7

Woody wrote:

It is interesting that Costello has been employed only in a skills role.

So he leaves his job at Munster, which I believe was a skills role to take on the top job at Nottingham. Now he's leaving Nottingham, for a skills role at Wasps, but says he wants to be back in Ireland in several years time. Also, didn't he apply for the head coaches job at Connacht, not long after joining us?

I'm confused. 

Last edited by Felix (January 23, 2018 7:33 pm)

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm  for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."

January 23, 2018 3:00 pm  #8

Felix wrote:

Pastie wrote:

Onwards and upwards

The irish boys have done very well under Costello, will we see the same starting XV once Fowkesy takes over? that remains to be seen, I suspect not.

I reckon some of them might follow Cossy to Wasps...

January 23, 2018 7:06 pm  #9

Are any players signed up for next season? I memory is shocking!

January 23, 2018 11:21 pm  #10

Beak wrote:

Are any players signed up for next season? I memory is shocking!

We have a lot due to be out of contract at the end of the season- the vast majority of the team by my reckoning including those coming to the end of 2 year deals.
The ones I can find who will be in the second year of 2 year deals next season are Scanlon and Poullet.

Board footera