Independent Nottingham Rugby Supporters Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 28, 2018 5:34 pm  #1

Donny game

Well that was dreadful. Surely our worst performance of the season? We never looked like scoring a try with a litany of knock ons, turn overs and penalties. Donny weren’t great but they were comfortably better than us. All in in all a totally unacceptable performance at home when we know how well they can play.

January 28, 2018 8:37 pm  #2

Re: Donny game

Terrible game today down at The Bay, Nottingham never looked liked scoring and struggled to get out of their own half. 

I never thought I'd say it but I'm actually glad Costelllo is off at the end of the season, the board should let him leave now so Fowkesy can begin to stamp his mark upon the team and get them playing competitively again.

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm  for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."

January 29, 2018 9:13 am  #3

I think that is a little harsh. Up until Christmas we wer one of the form teams but we seem to have lost momentum through some tight defeats and injuries. Yesterday our confidence seemed to have gone as well. One win should see this all return.

January 29, 2018 9:54 am  #4

Definitely harsh. This league is so up and down. A win against the Army is desperately needed to boost sagging confidence. Let's wait until the end of the season to judge. We weren't world beaters when we were 4th and we're not the worst team in the world now. Where we finish will be a true reflection of where we are.

January 29, 2018 10:10 am  #5

Awful performance. Looking at the table it would be easy to finish second from bottom if we are not careful.
Nothing to lose by not playing any players who are off and giving those that are on the edges a run to play for their places or get more experience. Why not play Lyons or Millet at FH if Tiff is off to get splinters at Bristol?

Bleedsgreenandwhite

January 29, 2018 11:58 am  #6

[size=125][size=100]Was so looking forward to this game.(one to win) But like the others have said, what a big disappointment. To many penalties and mistakes. And someone please tell me what is behind kicking the ball (box kick) away? it only seems to come back at us even more. Is it only me that thinks MURREY stands looking at the ball and ref to long? Tell me where I am wrong please.They had chance to maintain near the top table, but could soon be sinking to the bottom, very quickly.[/size][/size]

January 29, 2018 1:05 pm  #7

Who played well ? Ben and Sean as usual. Scrum went well early on. One or two patches of good continuous attack.  Line-out variable. That early decision to go for a long throw when we were in our 22 was surely wrong and gave them the first try. .  McConnell - well, the coaches obviously feel he has strengths but to me (and I think lots of regulars where I sit) his decision-making is not great and crucially he's slow at getting to the breakdown and getting the ball away. Combined with a frequently  inaccurate pass this often kills attacking impetus. It's great that he gets tries, but we've got some good backs who could make use of a more fluent service.
Let's hope this one was just a blip.

January 29, 2018 1:36 pm  #8

Beak wrote:

I think that is a little harsh. Up until Christmas we wer one of the form teams but we seem to have lost momentum through some tight defeats and injuries. Yesterday our confidence seemed to have gone as well. One win should see this all return.

Harsh? In industry Costello would've been let go once he'd announced he was leaving for Wasps. I don't believe he has the respect of the boys, and I also don't believe his heart is in the job. Why was it announced Costello was leaving anyway? It certainly wasn't for the benefit of Nottingham, maybe it was done to appease the Wasps' shareholders. If the Nottingham Board knew Foweksy was to take over after Costello had left then nothing should've been said. I bet the Irish lads are gutted, and there's only one of them that could leave with Costello, and that is Coghlan, but in a 6 jersey not 7!

What's wrong with letting Fowkesy take over now? He certainly couldn't do any worse!

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm  for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."

January 29, 2018 3:11 pm  #9

seems beak and me and one or two others are wrong?
have you seen the web site TV channel?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D59-UIa_7-g

January 29, 2018 4:46 pm  #10

I assume Costello is contracted till the end of the season so of course we are going to let him go as we would still have to pay him. We won’t let Tiff Eden go just because he has signed for Bristol next season. In relation to him not having the respect of the players, where do you get this from? It is certainly not what I have heard. He is clearly a well regarded coach otherwise Wasps wouldn’t have come sniffing. I am also confused by why you think his departure shouldn’t have been announced. Surely it is the clubs duty to keep its season ticket holders and fans informed rather let rumour and gossip fill the vacuum? Finally, while yesterday result was very disappointing we have been playing well and should have won our previous two league games.  The squad are quite capable of turning this round

Board footera